A blast Freezer is a freezer which is extremely cold. It may also be known as a shock freezer. Such freezers are intended to rapidly bring the temperature of foods down, freezing them extremely quickly. These specialized freezers are used in the frozen food industry and they are also utilized in some commercial kitchens for speciality tasks.
When Food is frozen, the water inside it crystallizes. If freezing takes place at relatively warm temperatures, the ice crystals which forms will be large.
Advantages of Blast Freezing
- Rapid temperature reduction prevents the production of microorganisms
- Increase shelf-life of products
- Appearance, flavour, texture and nutritional value remain as natural.
- High and constant quality
- Reduction in electricity consumptions
- Presentation of large ice crystals which can damage food
- Reduced kitchen wastes as unused portions can safely be stored for later use.
- Increase kitchen efficiency lets you prepare large batches and use some portions later.
- Cost effective operation & maintenance
- Production always available for the sale